What was your overall impression of the utility of journal clubs for nurses?
i need 2-3 paragraphs:
After reading the article selected and applying the Qualitative CASP tool, use the following questions to guide your participation in the discussion forum:
- What have been your prior experience(s) in journal club participation? If you have had previous exposure, what was your overall impression of the utility of journal clubs for nurses?
- What were significant differences you found in this qualitative approach versus a quantitative approach?
- If you had to identify a preference, do you think you lean more toward a qualitative or quantitative approach to research?(FYI: “approach” is a deliberate choice of words; the word method is not interchangeable. Method speaks to specific blueprint of a study whether a quantitative or qualitative approach)
- What are your thoughts regarding the implementation of the CASP tool? Have you used the CASP previously?
- Article specific questions: (article that you used to complete the CASP tool)
- What are your initial thoughts on specific topics found in the selected qualitative study?
- What were the strengths & weaknesses of this study? If you could make changes or modifications of the study, what might they consist of in making research revisions?
- How do the results relate to current practice and how might they influence future practice in your nursing work environment?
- Do you envision these study results changing the landscape of clinical practice or redirecting research in this field? If so, how?.
- Articulate your thoughts regarding the rigor and credibility of this qualitative study