What has been the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on healthcare access
Address the following questions:
• What has been the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on healthcare access, cost, and quality?
• Who was newly covered and how is this achieved?
• What are exchanges and how are different States approaching them?
• What does the Medicaid program have to do with the ACA? How are health insurance premiums being affected?
• What variables are in play in the political debate over the impact of the ACA on cost, access, and quality of care?
• What are some of the key challenges facing state and national policy makers?
• On balance, is the ACA a good or bad law? Provide a clear, fact-based, non-emotional justification for your conclusion.
• Is healthcare a right? Why or why not?
• What role should the federal government play in healthcare given the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”