What are the implications of the article for health, nurses and nursing?
What is the author’s thesis?
• What assumptions support that thesis?
• What are the arguments made to support the thesis?
o Are the arguments clearly made? Are they adequately supported? Do you agree with the arguments? Why/why not?
o What are the strengths/weaknesses of the argument and conclusions?
• What are the implications of the article for health, nurses and nursing?
• How & Why is (your topic) linked to/influenced by globalization forces?
• What are the implications for global health?
• What are the implications for global health equity/inequity?
• What policy responses could/should be introduced to effectively respond to these health implications?
• How could/should individual nurses and/or the nursing profession respond/advocate/ lobby to improve this issue and effectively promote global health?
1. An introduction and brief summary of the issue/problem that the Canadian Nurses Association needs to address:
a. What is the problem?
b. Why is it a problem/how & why is it linked to global forces?
c. What are the health implications of this problem? For example:
i. How does it affect global health/global health equity/inequity?
ii. Are problems experienced differently in developed versus developing countries?
d. How does it affect nursing on a global scale?
i. What are the implications of this?
2. A discussion of policies/actions to address this global problem.
a. What solutions/actions/policies will address this global issue? What is the evidence supporting these solutions?
b. What should national governments do to respond to this problem?
i. What actions should the Canadian government take?
c. Are there actions that provincial governments should take?
d. What should other international, government or non-government bodies do to address this problem? Why?
3. A policy/advocacy plan for CNA in order to achieve the desired policy solutions.
a. What specific action/s should CNA advise the Canadian government/ICN/and provincial nursing associations to take? Why?
b. What actions should CNA take in cooperation with the provincial associations
i. For all of these discussions, include supporting evidence for your recommendations as well as the implications of not following the recommendations.