Provide an introduction to your healthcare policy-priority issue
1. Provide an introduction to your healthcare policy-priority issue (Vaccines) and the title or name of your legislator. (From Florida Broward County)
2. Articulate key points under each of the Formulating a Healthcare Policy Ungraded Worksheet #1 sections.
Specific Requirements from Worksheet # 1
1. Describe a public-health policy issue ( Vaccines) with which you have personal and/or professional experience, and about which you are interested, familiar, and passionate. Why is this issue of particular interest/importance to you and to the profession of nursing?
2. What is the specific problem, including background, surrounding this issue? Is there a need for a new law or campaign related to this issue? Is there a need for change to an existing law? Is there need for a change in regulatory issues? What specific supportive evidence do you have for this issue, including evidence and references?
3. Review thoughts regarding your chosen healthcare policy issue. It is important to analyze your issue thoroughly. Be sure you address the following with evidence and research:
• Evaluation of options
• Recommended solutions (be very specific here; recommend a policy solution that a policymaker or legislator can actually do something about).
4. How can you find out the current status of this issue? Is there a website (professional organization such as the American Nurses Association or local, state, or federal government) that provides status updates or alerts? Please describe.
5. What level(s) of government does your issue involve (local, state, federal)? What level of government is your immediate target? (Local) Please describe.
6. Who is the legislator you will contact? Be specific with name or job title. (I Florida, Broward County).
3. Provide an analysis of empirical evidence that supports your chosen healthcare policy-priority issue and analysis.
4. Demonstrate the importance and impact of the chosen healthcare policy-priority issue to nursing.
5. Provide concluding statements summarizing the content.