Provide 4-5 examples of cultural events that led up to or evolved from this word usage.
For this assignment, you will be creating a PowerPoint presentation about popular culture and this year’s Word of the Year. Look up Oxford Dictionaries’ most recent Word of the Year and consider the cultural influences and events that drove this word selection. What events are related to this word and what are their significance? How does this word present itself in your own thoughts, experiences, and beliefs? What is the connection between the “Word of the Year” and the concept of Popular Culture?
Submission: A 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation or Prezi to address the questions posed above. Include speaker notes or a voice-over, images, and videos where applicable. If you choose the voice-over option, you will upload your recording web link (URL).
In your presentation:
- Clearly explain the meaning of the Word of the Year.
- Provide 4-5 examples of cultural events that led up to or evolved from this word usage.
- Reflect on thoughts, experiences, and beliefs regarding this word’s usage in society and your own life.
- Provide speaker’s notes or a voice over on the PowerPoint to accompany each slide. If you choose speaker’s notes, the total word count of your notes should be 750-1000 words. If you choose to create a voice-over recording your presentation should be 4-6 minutes long.
- Include a title slide and include your references page in APA format on the last slide of the presentation.