Prepare the informative speech outline. To prepare the outline, use the full-sentence outline method.
Prepare the informative speech outline. To prepare the outline, use the full-sentence outline method. The outline should have enough content in order to deliver a 5-7 minute informative speech. The outline should include the following:
- Specific Purpose
- Central Idea (aka: Thesis Statement or Preview Statement)
- Introduction – capture attention, establish YOUR speaker credibility, preview the speech
- Body – key points (minimum of 3), transitions between main points, supporting materials from at least 3 sources including in-text references to the sources.
- Conclusion – signal the end, summarize main points, bring finality
- Researched supporting material references (minimum 3) – include a work cited at the end of your outline, use APA format.
- Identification of a presentation aid (visual)
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with in-text citations and full references in APA
This topic is valued at 20 points. Please review the post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets the criteria (Read Me First Section of the Course).
Informative Speech Outline Draft
Please post 1 peer response.
In the response post, critique the outline by providing strengths and areas of improvement based on the quality of the following:
- Body w/ transitions
- Supporting materials – in-text references and APA citations
- Were you informed? How was it or was it not effective?
- Other suggestions for improvement
- Any suggestions you have for smoothing out the content.