Prepare an evidence-based practice (EBP) paper on a topic that is relevant to advanced nursing practice education
In your upcoming Advanced Practice Nursing Practicum and Culminating Experience courses, you will be asked to develop a change project and to implement this project in the field. To review the early steps in the research process, we have developed a mini-practice research assignment to prepare you. During this lesson, you will use the PICOT questioning format/formula to develop an answerable research question. All elements are listed below:
• P: Population/disease (age, gender, ethnicity, disorder)
• I: Intervention or variable of interest (exposure to a disease, risk behavior, prognostic factor)
• C: Comparison (a placebo or “business as usual” such as no disease, absence of risk factor, or prognostic factor B)
• O: Outcome (risk of disease, accuracy of a diagnosis, rate of occurrence of adverse outcome)
• T: Time (the time it takes to demonstrate an outcome; e.g., the time it takes for the intervention to achieve an outcome or how long participants are observed)
Prepare an evidence-based practice (EBP) paper on a topic of your choice that is relevant to advanced nursing practice education, leadership, quality improvement, or change.