Prepare a 3–4-page report on nurse-patient communication in which you address types of communication,
Prepare a 3–4-page report on nurse-patient communication in which you address types of communication, factors that influence the communication experience, and how the patient experience affects health outcomes. Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve nurse-patient communication and explain how the strategies consider patient demographics.
Nursing professionals do not only communicate with others within their organizations—often, they are also the first point of contact with patients. Thus, nursing professionals need superior communication skills to explain procedures and medication instructions, as well as to listen to what patients need to say.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Describe the concepts, processes, and tools required to conduct comprehensive health assessments for individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve nurse-client/patient communication.
- Explain how nurse-client/patient communication strategies consider individual demographics.
- Competency 3: Explain the internal and external factors that can affect the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Describe the types of communication that occur between nurses and clients/patients.
- Explain the factors that influence the communication experience between nurses and clients/patients.
- Explain how the client/patient communication experience can impact health care outcomes.
- Create a paper, power point, or Prezi presentation to demonstrate your knowledge of this week’s learning objectives. Your presentation should cover the following topic fully, and be correctly cited in APA format. Minimum 1 – 2 page paper or 10 slide presentation, not including your cover sheet/ slide and reference page/ slide.
You are approached by a neighbor and her 16 year old daughter who just found out she is pregnant. The neighbor and her daughter want to know what to expect during the pregnancy. Outline for this mother and daughter what to expect during each of the trimesters
APA format is consistently done and correct. All information is referenced throughout the body of the presentation. A minimum of 3 relevant resources are used, and are cited correctly. Spelling and grammar are correct throughout the body of the presentation.
Discussion of the physiological changes the woman may expect during pregnancy during each trimester. (Not fetal development)
Discusses the major discomforts of pregnancy and nursing measures to reduce the discomforts
Discusses what to expect at doctor visits, how often will she go, and what might she expect at the visits.
Discuss how much weight gain is appropriate during pregnancy.
Discuss a minimum of three local resources that the young woman may access for additional information and assistance. What do these resources offer? Examples include local pregnancy care centers that offer support for low income mothers, state resources, and federal resources.
Discuss how the placenta functions to deliver nutrients and remove waste products.