Identify medical management needs
Part 1: 25 y/o presents to Labor and Delivery with complaints of uterine cramping and lower back pain. Denies any vaginal bleeding at this time. Has related history of a preterm birth at 32 weeks gestation with her last pregnancy. The baby is 3 years old now and has no developmental issues.
Her current gestational age is 30 weeks.
She is O+ and all other lab values are normal. No noted STI’s.
1. Group Beta Strep is missing from the labs – most often is obtained at 35 – 37 weeks gestation.
2. Without this information it is often determined to treat the patient anyway – presumptively to protect a premature baby from the risk.
3. What other information would you like to ask her?
4. What nursing intervention will you provide?
5. What screening tests are often obtained to help determine her risk for preterm labor.
6. And if it is determined she is in preterm labor what medications may you want to use with a doctors order?
7. Please also give dose, side effects and possible result of the medication.
Week 7: Assignment 1: “Captain of the Ship” Project – Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
In 4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
Overview of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.