Identify how your work environment impacts the following:Nursing leadership
- Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
- Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
- Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
- Identify the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century.
- Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures identified in part B.
- Describe how the contributions of the two historical figures influence your professional nursing practice.
- Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- Define the roles of these two organizations.
- Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
- Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state.
- Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
- Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
- Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use an alternative therapy.
- Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in your state and its impact on your professional practice.
- Discuss the scope of practice for a RN in your state.
- Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN.
- Apply each of the following roles to your professional practice:
A manager of the healing environment
- Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (see web link below).
- Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
- Describe a nursing error that may occur in a clinical practice (e.g., clinical setting, skills lab, or simulation)
- Explain how the ANA provisions identified in part G can be applied to the error discussed in part G2.
- Identify four leadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing.
- Discuss the significance of the four leadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role as each of the following:
A leader at the bedside
Within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
- Identify how your work environment impacts the following: