Identify how the articles agree or disagree on various aspects of the topic?
This assignment is due tomorrow……. must have done by tomorrow…… no late work please…..
Do the following……… follow all instructions…… select topic from the list below to write about……
Choose a topic from the list below that is of interest to you and review two scholarly articles that explores different aspects of your topic. (your textbook may not be used as one of your sources ).
For example, if your topic is asthma, you might find an article that discusses where elementary school age children should store inhalers; in their backpacks or the nurse’s office. You may find a different article that suggests there are more cases of children with asthma from lower income levels compared to children in other income levels. Some information will be the same, what is asthma, causes of asthma, etc. Each article will also contain article specific information, inhalers and income levels.
Scholarly Resources that may be helpful
- Look for publications from a professional organization.
- Use databases such as JSTOR (Links to an external site.) that contain only scholarly sources.
- Use databases such as Academic Search Complete (Links to an external site.) or other EBSCO databases that allow you to choose “peer-reviewed journals”.
- See whether Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory (Links to an external site.) indicates that it is a Refereed Journal.
- Identify each article by title, author(s), periodical or journal, issue, date.
- Give a summary of each article. Include definitions and various perspectives on the topic.
- In what ways do the article relates to the other. Identify how the articles agree or disagree on various aspects of the topic?
- Summarize how each article broadened your understanding of your topic of interest.
Your report needs to be between 2 1/2 – 4 pages in length and double spaced.
Choose a topic of interest from the list below:
Designer babies (manipulating DNA)
DNA use in identification
Identical twins raised in different homes
Identical twins and Fraternal twins
Newborn sleeping patterns
Breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding
What does high quality out-of-home infant care look like
The effects of alcohol-abuse on a developing fetus
Reading to infants
Natural childbirth vs. use of epidurals (pain management)
Hospital birth or home birth
Pink or blue- gender stereotyping from the beginning
Preterm (premature) babies
Childproofing your home
Well infant doctor visits