Identify and discuss relevant legal and ethical principles that apply in healthcare.
In your role as a registered nurse, you will be faced with complex and challenging
situations. There will at times be a legal solution that can be applied to the situation.
It is important that you are aware of what this might be so that you can confidently
practice within these legal boundaries. Almost always there will be differing ethical
positions that need to be considered. The purpose of this case study is to enable you
to practice identifying a legal issue and possible outcomes and consider why an
ethical conflict arises.
This assignment addresses the following course learning outcome/s:
- Describe the sources of law in Australia and Singapore that apply to
- Identify legal and ethical terminology as applied to health professional
- Identify and discuss relevant legal and ethical principles that apply in
- Analyse the tensions that may exist between legal and ethical principles in
everyday nursing practice.
- Select and discuss appropriate legal and ethical principles that apply to a
range of healthcare case studies.