How has the pandemic affected the normal and usual practices of providing health care to patients?
Topic: The Response to the Coronavirus pandemic: Personal and Professional Perspective
Assignment: As has been shown in the last few weeks with the emergence of the coronavirus, known scientifically as Covid19, there are times of unexpected crises that can affect individuals, groups, entire communities or even nations when confronted with unplanned life-altering circumstances.
With regard to the coronavirus, write a thoughtful, citation-supported paper that describes the responses of and the challenges faced by yourself and your family, as well as members of the health care community. The health care community includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, nursing aides, patient care assistants, allied health care professionals, and health care administrators, to name just a few.
Questions to answer:
1) what is the origin of the coronavirus and, at the time you’re writing the paper, what is the extent of its spread? (cite your sources of information)
2) discuss the initial response(s) of communities, states or nations to the crisis(at least 1 Citation)
3) to what extent has this pandemic affected the manner in which human behavior, in general, has been changed, altered or revolutionized. (Citation)
4) discuss the ways in which your own life – personally and/or professionally – has been affected by the emergence of the coronavirus.
5) How has the pandemic affected the normal and usual practices of providing health care to patients?
6) On a personal and professional level, what if any, do you feel you have learned from the emergence of this crisis?
7) A summary statement
Length of Paper – 8 pages (Not including Cover Page and references)
APA style – double spaced and check for grammar and spelling.
Proofread out loud (suggested) No Wikipedia!!
Medical, nursing and health-related journals
Articles from established newspapers such as
Wall Street Journal
Los Angeles Times
(or feel free to submit earlier if completed)
Length of Paper – 8 pages
APA style – double spaced and PROOFREAD (out loud) for grammar and spelling.