Explain why the specific process was selected and document your explanation with references.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist Capstone Level
- Note the new expectations for Use of evidence and Credit to Source
- Use a Scholarly Voice
- Review the Walden University Writing Center webpage: Using Evidence: Synthesis
- Review the Week 3 Assignment Rubric
Remember: Each section of the Capstone Paper must meet the Academic Writing Expectations for the Capstone Level.
For this Assignment
- Describe the quality improvement process and the Quality model that will be used as a basis for the practice problem. Include a description of a quality improvement tool(s) that you will use in your quality improvement plan. See Spath, (2018) chapter 6 for examples.
- Explain why the specific process was selected and document your explanation with references.
For the Week 3 Assignment, you will combine your Week 1, 2 and 3 assignments and submit a 3-4-page paper that addresses the following:
- Practice Problem (Completed in Week 1)=
In hospice, one of the goals is to have skilled nurse visits at least 3 days prior to death and at least 3-6 days prior to death. If we track ESAS it is supposed to help indicate who we can expect to pass away based on changes reported and then be able to increase nursing visits-however to be effective the data has to be accurate. Are we asking the patient or caregivers the 10 symptoms or just guessing based on our assessment
my wk one is totally different because I had to change topicsm so information will need to be added to this section.
Please include information from discussions and everything below. In the literature review, you don’t have to worry about the bottom 5 that are not relatated to the ESAS but my help and can use it.
I answered the questions above a little and will attach the graphs that should be included
- State the practice problem in measurable terms.
- State the data that suggests a practice problem exists
- Include a purpose statement.
- Analysis of the Existing Evidence (Completed in Week 2)
- Summarize the findings from the evidence analysis that support your practice problem. Include minimum of at least 5 evidence-based practice sources that support your practice problem. Identify research, clinical guidelines, expert opinions, and other relevant information. You must include two-three research studies in your analysis. Using your own words synthesize the evidence that supports your identified practice problem. There should be no quotes or personal opinions included in this section.
- Quality Improvement Process (Completed this Week) (Approximately 2-3 paragraphs)
- Describe the quality improvement process and the quality model that will be used as a basis for the practice problem. This is not your entire quality improvement plan, only a description of the quality improvement process and the quality model you chose. You will
- develop your specific quality improvement plan in week 4. Include a description of a
- quality improvement tool(s) that you will use in your quality improvement plan. See Spath, (2018) chapter 6 for examples.