Explain traditional beliefs and practices of a population with regard to health concerns and issues.
Write for your organization a 3–5-page impact report regarding the health concerns of a new immigrant population. Describe the population’s health concerns and issues, explain current pharmacological treatments, and explain how culture and traditional practices may affect use of pharmacology. Identify evidence-based strategies for the organization and nursing staff to use to educate the population and promote health and wellness.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply practice guidelines and standards of evidence-based practice related to pharmacology for safe and effective nursing practice.
- Describe current pharmacological treatment regimens for the health concerns and issues of a population.
- Competency 2: Explain the relationship between quality patient outcomes, patient safety, and the appropriate use of pharmacology and psychopharmacology.
- Explain traditional beliefs and practices of a population with regard to health concerns and issues.
- Explain how the cultural values and traditional practices of a population affect the acceptance and use of pharmacology.
- Competency 3: Apply the principles and practices of cultural competence with regard to pharmacological interventions.
- Identify evidence-based, culturally sensitive strategies an organization can use to educate a population about the appropriate use of pharmacology.
- Identify evidence-based, culturally sensitive strategies nurses can use with a population to promote health and wellness.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of a nursing professional.
- Describe the health concerns and issues for a specific population.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format citations and references using current APA style.