Discuss nursing considerations (assessment and strategies) for providing oral care to a dependent client.
Discuss nursing considerations (assessment and strategies) for providing oral care to a dependent client. Outline the important factors related to the care of dentures.
- Define effleurage and kneading in the backrub technique.
- How long should an effective backrub take?
- When should a backrub be offered?
- What are some of the benefits of gentle massage?
- Discuss general measures that are incorporated into the hygienic care of the eyes and ears and the maintenance of sensory aids. (e.g. glasses, contact lenses, artificial eyes, and hearing aids.
- What would you do if a client becomes weak and unsteady while you are washing his hair at the sink?
- What assessments are important to obtain prior to planning to provide nail care?
- Discuss nursing considerations (dental health promotion) for providing oral care to toddlers, preschool children, school age children and adolescents, palliative care patient, unconscious patient.