Discuss Leininger’s Sunrise Model of transcultural nursing.
The Course Outcome covered this week is CO1.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
Chapter 1 of Andrews and Boyle (2016) discusses Leininger’s Sunrise Model of transcultural nursing. However, other models are described and are important to acknowledge, as well.
- Research the wonderful scholarly resources available to you in the Chamberlain Library. Select a Transcultural Nursing Model/Theory.
- Briefly explain the model/theory in your own words so your classmates will understand the general premises of the model/theory.
- Then, explain how you would be able to apply the model in your practice setting.
Readings: Andrews, M. M., & Boyle, J. S. (2016). Transcultural concepts in nursing care (7th ed.). Philadelphia: PA. Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 1: Theoretical Foundations of Transcultural Nursing
- Chapter 2: Culturally Competent Nursing Care
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2
- Additional scholarly sources you identify through your own research
Initial Post Instructions
Identify why students should learn about political science. Use evidence (cite sources) to support your response from assigned readings or online lessons, and at least one outside scholarly source.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification. Minimum of 1 scholarly source, which can include your textbook or assigned readings or may be from your additional scholarly research.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link: