Discuss if your state board of nursing offers some type of recovery program
As the nurse executive of a healthcare organization, it was reported to you that one of your nurses may be chemically impaired (legal/regulatory issue) and has allegedly been taking drugs from the unit. This nurse also had two recent medication errors in the past week.
Discuss the steps you would take to validate this allegation and how you would proceed after the allegation was confirmed to be true.
1. Clearly introduce your legal/regulatory issue in the introduction paragraph; including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
2. Clearly articulate the steps you would take as the nurse leader to investigate the allegation of this legal/regulatory issue as stated above and how to proceed when the allegation is confirmed to be true.
3. Investigate/research and discuss if your state board of nursing offers some type of recovery program for chemically-impaired nurses (a strategy). If they do not offer a program in your state, discuss a proposed recovery program for chemically-impaired nurses that you would like to have implemented for your state. Contact a state representative who may have an interest in this topic area and share their comments on this issue in this section of your assignment.
4. Clearly articulate your specific strategies to improve costs and improve the quality of healthcare at your organization related to the legal/regulatory issue stated above. How do your strategies relate to the Person-Centred Nursing Leadership Framework by McCormack and McCance (2D17); specifically the contextual domain?
5. Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your strategies to improve costs and quality of healthcare.
6. Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.