Describe a child and adolescent group you are counseling.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW\
In Week 3, you collaborated with colleagues as you participated in your first clinical supervision. This week, you have the opportunity to continue your collaboration as you reflect on and discuss your experiences with counseling children and adolescents in group settings. Psychotherapy with these clients is often more complex than psychotherapy with the general adult population. Personal reflection and discussion with colleagues are essential to your development and success as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner. For this clinical supervision, consider a child or adolescent client you are counseling who you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes.
- Assess clients presenting for child and adolescent group psychotherapy
- Evaluate the effectiveness of therapeutic approaches for clients receiving child and adolescent group psychotherapy
- Review this week’s media and consider the insights provided on group therapy with children and adolescents.
- Reflect on a child and adolescent group that you are currently counseling at your practicum site.
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the Post to Discussion Question link and then select Create Thread to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
Note about Uploading Media: Refer to the Kaltura Media Uploader instructions document located in the menu bar. It provides guidance on how to upload media for the Clinical Supervision Discussions.
By Day 3
Post a 3- to 5-minute Kaltura video that addresses the following:
- Describe a child and adolescent group you are counseling.
- Describe a client from the group who you do not think is adequately progressing according to expected clinical outcomes. Note: Do not use the client’s actual name.
- Explain your therapeutic approach with the group, including your perceived effectiveness of your approach with the client you identified.
- Identify any additional information about this group and/or client that may potentially impact expected outcomes.