Assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice
In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO4: Integrates clinical nursing judgment using effective communication strategies with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare providers. (PO#4)
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO#7)
A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed here: Healthcare Policy (Links to an external site.)
1. This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
2. You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
3. Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)
4. Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary in your own words. Include the bill number and name.
5. Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed.
https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process (Links to an external site.)
Tutorial: For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful –
https://support.office.com/office-training-center?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fb8f02f81-ec85-4493-a39b-4c48e6bc4bfb (Links to an external site.)
Bill chosen: H.R. 2700: Lowering Prescription Drug Costs and Extending Community Health Centers and Other Public Health Priorities Act
H.R. 2700: Lowering Prescription Drug Costs and Extending Community Health Centers and Other Public Health Priorities Act
Sponsor: Rep. Michael Burgess [R-TX26]
May 14, 2019 Cosponsors
42 (42R) Prognosis